- Ensures that altars have fresh flowers.
- Provides and arranges flowers for special events like ordination ceremonies.
- Typically a job shared by four people.
- There are seven altars at Kannon Do: founder’s altar, zendo altar, dokusan room altar, living room altar, kitchen altar and two bathroom altars. Flowers are also placed on the shelf near the zendo entrance and on the table in the sangha room.
- Flowers are replaced on a weekly basis or as needed.
- The Kannon Do budget includes money for the purchase of flowers.