- Ensures that all Kannon Do facilities are in good repair and functional. He/she should look around mindfully and fix anything that needs it. For major jobs requiring that an outside professional be hired, board approval is needed.
- Building maintenance including minor electrical (e.g., replace light bulbs), plumbing, heating and carpentry.
- Change the furnace filter. (Dimensions: 1x20x25”)
- Change the batteries in the thermostat in the zendo and Sangha house. (Reset thermostats after changing batteries)
- Adjust engawa (outside deck) lights timer controller on/off settings.
- If problems develop with the furnace, the steward can call the manufacturer, Carrier, (408) 294-6290, or local contractor.
- If major work is required, inform the Sangha and organize a work crew.
- As needed in general, plus:
- Furnace: twice a year
- Thermostats: yearly, or as required
- Engawa lights controller: as required (e.g., daylight savings changeover)